EANA 'S POSITION ON MEDICAL HAZARDS
- Published in Uncategorised
EANA DECLARATION ON MEDICAL HAZARDS
Halle a.S. Nov.28-29, 2014
Medical hazards are part of healthcare services in spite of efforts to keep them at the lowest level. High standard healthcare systems should provide the following institutions :
1. A commission dedicated to the amicable out-of-court settlement of patient claims due to medical accidents related to professional faults.
2. An organization ensuring the professional insurability of physicians
3. A public compensation fund for "no fault" medical accidents
4. Anonymous registers of compensated healthcare accidents for future risk-management and preparation of recommendations through check-lists
Without these institutions the future of healthcare systems is at stake.